The Best Free Antioxidant
Studies show what happens to your body when you walk barefoot on Earth.
The Earth surface carries a negative charge. This charge is an excellent source of antioxidants and free-radical destroying electrons.
How do we harness this rich supply of negative electrons?
It’s simple, by earthing. Earthing is an activity that entails placing your barefoot on the ground. This is not a new concept. In fact, it is very old.
Research in the Journal of Environmental and Public Health indicates that earthing could be a treatment to a variety of chronic degenerative diseases. It concluded that walking barefoot could serve as an effective strategy against chronic stress, inflammation, pain, poor sleep, and many more health issues.
Another study from the University of California found that even one-hour contact with the Erath can restore blood flow regulation to the face, fingers, and toes. This means that it can repair skin tissue, improve facial appearance, and bring blood circulation back to your extremities.
Before and After 20 minutes of Earthing. (source: iRelease)
Yet another study found earthing to reduce blood viscosity which is a major factor in cardiovascular disease.
Unfortunately for us, modern society rarely lets you connect with the Earth’s frequency. This makes you miss out on the many free benefits that the Earth has to offer.
One more study indicates that earthing could be a vital part of the health equation. It’s in addition to other elements such as sunshine, clean air, clean water, nutritious whole foods, and physical activity.
How to get grounded:
If you were to wear leather-soled shoes or walk barefoot on sand, grass, soil, or rock (that includes cement), then you will be adequately grounded.
Additionally, you could purchase an indoor grounding pad that can be used while sleeping or working indoors.
Next time you are outside, try taking your shoes off for a little bit!
Earthing Universal Mat: http://amzn.to/2j5wd9E (affiliate link)
Earthing: The Most Important Health Discovery Ever! by Clinton Ober: http://amzn.to/2jAk3EW (affiliate link)
Scientific Research Open Access:
- One-Hour Contact with the Earth’s Surface (Grounding) Improves Inflammation and Blood Flow―A Randomized, Double-Blind, Pilot Study: http://file.scirp.org/Html/14-8203393_58836.htm
- Grounding the Human Body Improves Facial Blood Flow Regulation: Results of a Randomized, Placebo Controlled Pilot Study: http://www.scirp.org/journal/paperinformation.aspx?PaperID=51326#.VO4G9hawXle
The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine:
- Can Electrons Act as Antioxidants? http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/pdfplus/10.1089/acm.2007.7048
- Earthing (Grounding) the Human Body Reduces Blood Viscosity - A Major Factor in Cardiovascular Disease http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/pdfplus/10.1089/acm.2011.0820
Journal of Environmental and Public Health:
- Earthing: Health Implications of Reconnecting the Human Body to the Earth's Surface Electrons https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265077/
Wikiversity: Natural Electric field of the Earth: